Home Big Bend Email Contact Us
Admissions Academics Student Life Information Center
Skip navigation links
Academic Calendar
Academic Programs
Admissions Application, Printable
Campus Resources
Class Schedule
Course Catalogs
Financial Aid
Graduation Application
Online Admissions
Online Orientation
Placement Testing
Student Kiosk
Student Life
Testing Services
Transfer Student Rights and Responsibilities

 Admissions Overview


Welcome to the Admissions home page for Big Bend Community College. We hope you will find all the information and resources helpful as you explore the endless possibilities for your educational future.

BBCC accepts all applicants who are 18 years of age or older. Those under 18 years of age who have graduated from an accredited high school, have an equivalent certificate, e.g., the General Education Development Test, or qualify as a Running Start student will be admitted. Applicants who are younger than 18 and who do not meet these requirements must provide BBCC with a written release from their school principal authorizing BBCC to admit them. All applicants must be 16 years of age or older unless they have graduated from high school or are part of a state approved program such as Running Start. Some programs have specific admission procedures and limited space; therefore, admission to BBCC does not guarantee availability of all programs. Students enrolling in a degree program must apply for admission. BBCC will assign an advisor, evaluate transfer course work and maintain a student file for officially admitted students. Registration priority is given to students who have been officially admitted to BBCC.

To apply for admission at BBCC a student must:

  • Obtain and complete an application for admission form. Forms are available at the Admissions/Registration Office, 1st floor, Bldg. 1400, by clicking here, online or by calling 509.793.2061.
  • Send for official transcripts from former colleges attended. Transcripts received directly from students must be in envelopes that were sealed by the originating school. Veterans must make application to receive credit for previous military experience.
  • Submit the completed application form and a non-refundable fee of $30.00 to the Business Office in the 1400 Building.
  • A student who does not register for classes within one year after being admitted must repeat the admissions procedures.
  • Transfer Students

    Students transferring to BBCC will be given appropriate credit for college level work completed in accredited post-secondary institutions.

    Students must submit to the Admissions/Registration Office official transcripts from each institution attended. Credit will be awarded on the basis of official transcripts only. The cumulative grade point average of all credits accepted must be 2.00 or higher. Although there is no limit on the number of credits a student may transfer to BBCC before graduating, the student must meet all BBCC degree requirements, including residency requirements (see section on Degree and Certificate Requirements).

    The college subscribes to the statewide Policy on Inter-college Transfer and Articulation among Washington Public Colleges and Universities endorsed by the public colleges and universities of Washington state and the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges and adopted by the Higher Education Coordinating Board. For more detailed information contact the Admissions/Registration Office or the Counseling Center. Credits are awarded following recommendations provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. In programs where appropriate, credits may also be given for military service schools attended. These are normally awarded as recommended by the ACE Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Services.


     Contact Us

    Phone:  509.793.2061

     Moses Lake Campus

    BBCC's main campus is centrally located in the sunny Columbia Basin. The campus includes 25 buildings to house our more than 34 program areas that you have to choose from. Onsite housing is available. Funding assistance is available to those who qualify.

    Click here for a campus map

     Special Admissions

     More Information